Sunday, May 16, 2010

Venturing out


We've had some amazing, 70 degree days here and I am LOVING IT! Last week I got out of the house with Heidi and went up the Mckenzie to watch Emily's track meet. Heidi was either nuts or really ambitious that day because Martin was working and I had to take BOTH boys with. Thank goodness for the beautiful weather!! Here are some pictures of the meet.
The story goes like this...we got there in time for Heidi to video Emily povaulting, but unfortunately I had to watch it later because she had to literally run across the track to get it on tape. We were running a bit late...as I usually am ;-)

But I did get some pretty amazing pics of a kid named Cameron who also povaults. He is a "beast" as Emily would say! I think he topped out at 13.9 feet! NUTS! Emily has only gotten over 7 feet, but she's still got 3 years to go, not too shabby for her very first year doing it. Here is the lone picture I have of Emily competing in the 100 meter, she's running her heart out...fyi...she's the one closest to us in red with black shorts.

This one shows how nuts you gotta be to do this event! OY VEY!

Here's where we parked ourselves.

Wyatt venturing out...ya, ya, I know, I forgot his shoes...but in my defense, he's not walking...yet.

Our future povaulter ;-) Well, maybe not, but he was loving the povault pit and bar!

Here's how the boys ended the beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers