Wednesday, December 1, 2010

*WARNING* LONG recap :-)

Okay, okay, how long has it been since I've blogged?! Ummm...yeah, too long. Soooo, I'll begin with some random fun pictures, highlights and memories of the past 6 months or so to keep this blog light and fun as I feel such a heavy bout of guilt for not blogging in so long...yes, I'm a guilt ridden person...just don't use it against me ;-)
Our tiny little Wyatt turned 1! He was one happy boy that day! Big Brother had to jump in and help out with the cake. What a great first year it was, even with all the iron deficiency and post partum depression, I can say that he is a true blessing and is always making us smile.

Okay, this was THE FUNNIEST moment of the past 6 months for sure...HAHAHAHA...still makes me laugh! Becky could not get a picture of us with my eyes open. This picture totally encompasses the fun that is 4th of July 2010. We laughed soooo hard! Fun memory. LMAO!
This summer I also had the opportunity to leave the kids and hubby behind for a week and go north to Enumclaw, WA for Creation Northwest! Camping, Music, Fellowship, oh and REALLY good food!! Once again, it was great, even at the new venue. Even got to visit my Best Friend Rachelle who only lived about a half hour away! It was a great week...definitely the highlight of my summer!
Martin and I decided to meet up with his mom and dad at the beach where they were camping, to do some quading and give the kids some sand time. Little did I know that Martin had taken the next day off and had planned on staying at the coast to camp out!! What a fun spur of the moment trip. The boys loved the sand, driving their little quad and being with their Gaggie and Poppie!

At the end of the summer we had planned (since Feb.) to go stay in a cabin at Silver Falls. Those reservations fell through, so we found this campground just up the mountain from Silver Falls called Camp Dakota and were able to book a last minute yurt for that same week. So, we loaded down our new (to us) minivan and took off. What a nice mini family vacay! Here we are on our first evening in the yurt, all settled in!
First haircut for Wyatt! Before.
After! So handsome!

My big boy turned 4! This was the first year he has really been able to voice what he wanted for his birthday and ya know what he wanted?!?! A monster truck cake....yep...that's all he wanted! But of course, he was spoiled! Look at that sweet smile, who wouldn't wanna spoil him?! Halloween this year was pretty mellow, we got in a last minute stop at Herrick Farms for a couple little pumpkins...thank you Dianna for your willingness to come with us and brave the mud! Martin had to work, so mama had to step it up and just go! No dressing up, just handing out candy this year. Ryan couldn't keep his costume on, so we bowed out.
What a surprise to get snow before Thanksgiving this year! We didn't get a lot, but enough to suit up the boys and send them outside to freeze. It took Wyatt awhile to get into the mood for the snow suit, but he eventually became a snow lover! Here's Martin and I at about 2am outside of Sears, 2nd in line on Black Friday. We waited for 6 1/2 hours for the best deal of the year (by our standards anyway)--the Kenmore washer/dryer set for $599 which was discounted even more after they found a scratch on the top of the washer!!! Yup, it was the most successful Black Friday ever!!
This is my last picture...promise! I was given my Grandma's duck ticket and was able to watch the #1 ranked Ducks play Arizona! It was a blast...cold, wet, but a blast. I enjoyed spending time with my Aunt Cindy, Mom and Dad. Now to cheer the ducks on as they beat the Beavs!


PHEW! It has been a crazy busy 6 months! Though some days weren't always so cheerful and fun as the pictures posted, I can say that I am thankful for every one of them. They have helped me grow closer to the Lord and grow in faith.
Thank you for being patient in reading this blog...I promise the next wont be nearly as long! Hopefully I'll be putting up Christmas pictures next time!! Here's hoping! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers