Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Roses and Gallstones

My wonderful Grandma Shirley was so sweet to GIVE me her Civil War ticket. It was my first Civil War and if it's my last I will be happy with that, because it was a BLAST! I had my Mom and Dad-in law lined up to keep the boys for me, so I was kid free for a whole 12 hours! We bundled up, decked ourselves in duck gear and went straight for the warmth of the Mashofski Center (sp?).
My mom and I.
My beautiful Aunt Cindy and Mom...die hard Duck Fans for sure!


My Dad and I...it was so special to spend that time with them without little ones around, its been too long since we've done that!


This is when the team walks through the M. Center a couple hours before the game...those poor guys were so smooshed by the crowd that they hardly had room to walk through!


I'll be honest, I had to look his face up in the program...this is Juran Barner. He ended up having a pretty awesome game.


And of course Jeremiah Masoli! He is such a humble leader...love him!


My parents and grandparents have had these seats reserved for so many years...we have been spoiled growing up being able to go to the games. Here we all are before it got too cold.


Both Oregon and OSU Marching bands on the same field...pretty cool looking.


Okay, now its cold...love the self portrait!


I jumped ahead to the end of the game here, but I love this picture. Everyone had roses that they were passing out at the end of the game when we realized the Ducks were gonna win and were actually going to the Rose Bowl! It was so loud and exciting! I thought this picture portrayed the moment perfectly!


I smell rooooses!!


Walking out of the stadium...I will never forget how nuts the crowd was!


So, I spent that entire game in a bit of back pain and had been struggling with this back pain off and on for a year and a half. The docs have said it was everything from gastrointestinal flu to a chiropractic problem...etc. Rediculus, I know, but I trusted that they knew what they were talking about. Come to find out last week I had been suffering from pancreatitus and gallstones!! Far from the prior diagnosis, but I was just glad they figured it out and just took my gallbladder out to solve the problem completely! Now I'm in recovery mode...low fat diet and all! Nothing like being forced into a lifestyle change. :-P

I am still amazed at how God took care of the situation. I had my sister in law Heidi with me at the ER when I found out they were gonna be taking my gallbladder out (she's always keepin' my spirits up). She was able to get her other sister in law and a friend of mine, Christine to finish up preschool for me until winter break, she even called all my preschool families to let them know what was going on! Plus, my mom and dad-in law were able to keep the boys for the night since Martin was working. Oh and the cherry on the top was that my insurance will cover 100% of the medical bill!! Praise the Lord! I have so much to be thankful for this holiday season. Well, since I am awful about getting out any sort of Christmas cards, I'll end with a cheesy Hallmark moment:
May your family be blessed this Holiday season! Happy Holidays!
With Love,
The Pelroy Family
Martin, Jessica, Ryan, Wyatt and Max
















1 comment:

  1. Jessica, Oh my gosh! You've been a busy girl! We got to go to the game too. What an amazing night that was! Someone tried to hand me a rose in the parking lot before the game, but I didn't take it. I didn't want to jinx the win! As for your surgery, it sounds like people seriously rallied around you. I'm so glad you finally got the right diagnosis and the problem solved. Hope we'll be seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Followers