Monday, December 21, 2009

My baby is growing too quick.

So, yesterday it came to my attention that my little baby Wyatt is cutting his first tooth. He hadn't been acting like himself...more fussy, more irritable....not the happy baby we'd been so use to enjoying.

It seems too soon, he should still be that little bundle we brought home from the hospital who loved to be snuggled all day long, not this big boy who would rather be put in his own bed to take a nap. He should still be nursing all the time, not eating cereal by the bucket full and doing raspberries with his mouth full! He should lean back and snuggle me, not wanna sit up all the time. How has time flown by so quickly? It seemed as though this last 6 months has zipped by and I have missed most of it.

I pray this Christmas that I can stop and enjoy my boys at the age they are. I pray that I can enjoy every second and not take it for granted and remember that they will not always be home and will not need me someday (not anytime soon I hope!).

Here I sit with Wyatt playing in his saucer and Ryan playing trains in his room...I love these sounds, may I never forget how wonderful those simple things are.

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of things I miss seeing my boys do when they were younger, and one of them was all the cute little sounds they made as their motor skills progressed. How time flies!

    ReplyDelete

Followers